Thursday 24 October 2013

Legend of the Mist is Here!

It’s here, it’s here …

As of this morning Legend of the Mist, my first stand-alone historical romance novel, is available on Amazon (click here to view). And as with any book release I’m a bundle of nerves right now. I’m not sure whether to be excited about the release, nervous about its reception or disappointed that it’s over. I can assure you that all three emotions are vying for top spot at present.

I’ll be releasing Legend of the Mist on KoboBooks within the week, and I’m also planning on releasing a print version through Amazon’s Create Space platform. Now there’s a scary new venture … starting to wonder what I’ve gotten myself into.

Ahead of me now is the arduous task of marketing and promoting my work. I admit that it’s one of my less favourite aspects of the indie author’s pursuit, but it’s unfortunately one of the necessary evils. That does not mean, however, that my next book will be on hold while I work on marketing and promotion. In fact, my next story is already in the works and I’m currently fleshing out the storyline. I’ll be in touch with more detail shortly.

In the coming months I’m hoping to broaden my presence within the multi-faceted social media sphere. I hope to become involved in writing blog posts more often that are about things other than mere status updates. I participated in a social media seminar this past summer, and was surprised that I’m supposed to be blogging once a week, posting on Facebook once a day and tweeting at least three times a day. (?! Talk about labour-intensive.) But that in itself is a blog post so I’ll save that thought for later. Suffice to say that I hope you’ll all see more of me in the reading and writing web community in the coming months.

In the meantime, if you happen to pick up a copy of Legend of the Mist, or if you read my Highland Loyalties series I would love to hear from you. Leave a review for me on Amazon or Kobo, stop by my Facebook page or check me out on Twitter. I always love hearing from and interacting with my readers.

That’s it for now. Take care, and lots of love to you and your families.


Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment